[theme-reviewers] Rogue Trac Users

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Thu Sep 2 20:04:34 UTC 2010

We definitely have (a very small, confined - so far) issue with some rogue
Trac users, who are assigning themselves tickets for their own Themes,
changing ticket keywords, and accepting tickets without subjecting the Theme
to a full review and approval.

Here's what I would suggest:

1) Trac users cannot assign themselves their own tickets (this should be
enforceable through Trac, hopefully once Otto fixes associating tickets with
actual Trac usernames, rather than "themetracbot")

2) keywords can only be modified by admins (we don't need to be modifying
these ourselves anyway, do we?)

3) Trac users who abuse the system need to be censured in some manner, from
suspending the Trac username, to blocking the user from uploading Themes
(for egregious offenders), or whatever. This will all depend on what
recourse is available through the Trac system. So that's a question for
Joseph/Pross/Ian/etc. I think.