[theme-reviewers] Category templates not allowed? Notacceptable.

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Wed Sep 1 15:21:48 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 10:16 AM, Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) <philip at frumph.net
> wrote:

> There is no documentation for the end user to recognize that.
> If you wish to include a readme.txt file as such then by all means, until
> then please stop throwing your weight around.
>
> Yes, this really is the key: Theme Documentation.

I will add some wording to the Guidelines regarding <template>-foobar.php
files, to soften it up a bit. I think the only exceptions we want to
consider are those that absolutely cannot be done using the default template
files, and for which appropriate documentation is provided. I'll try to
draft something, and let everyone help perfect it.

As core does not provide a gallery.php template file, I do think that this
use case is a perfectly valid exception.