[theme-reviewers] To Chip; examples default widgets

Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) philip at frumph.net
Fri Oct 29 02:42:13 UTC 2010

Example of adding defaults widgets using the_widget:

  <?php
  if ( !dynamic_sidebar('right-sidebar') ) :
   if (is_cp_theme_layout('standard,v')) {
    the_widget('comicpress_calendar_widget');
   }
   if (comicpress_themeinfo('disable_comic_frontpage')) {
    the_widget('comicpress_latest_thumbnail_widget','title=Latest
Comic&thumbcat='.comicpress_themeinfo('comiccat'));
   }
   the_widget('WP_Widget_Pages');
   the_widget('WP_Widget_Categories','hierarchical=1&count=1&dropdown=0');
  endif;
  ?>

example of adding a 'add widgets here' message:

   if ( !dynamic_sidebar('sidebar-right-sidebar') ) { ?>
height: 440px;border: dotted 1px #ccc;">
    <?php _e('There are currently no widgets assigned to the right-sidebar,
place some!','easel'); ?><br />
    <?php _e('Once you add widgets to this sidebar, this default information
will go away.','easel'); ?><br />
    <?php _e('This theme also uses the WordPress 3.0 Menu system.  You
probably see the default stuff you have in the menubar.  Go to Appearance ->
Menu in the
    wp-admin (dashboard) and create a new menu.','easel'); ?><br />
    <h2><?php _e('Recommended Plugins','easel'); ?></h2>
    <ol>
     <li><a
href="http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/vipers-video-quicktags/">Viper's
Video Quicktags</a></li>