[theme-reviewers] Theme Options and Functions

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Wed Oct 20 16:48:03 UTC 2010

Dude, chill.

We use this mail list to discuss the process and guidelines. Just because
something is brought up here, doesn't mean that it will get implemented.
It's just being *discussed*.

FWIW, suggesting the use of an array for storing Theme options has merit. I
just went through and cleaned out literally *hundreds* of rows in
wp_options, thanks to reviewed-and-since-deleted Themes. If a Theme (or a
Plugin, for that matter - something I'll be looking into for some of my own
Plugins) has more than a couple options, it is, from a database-management
perspective, best practice to use an array, rather than discrete options.

But, again: we're just discussing these things. Nothing discussed here has
been added to the Guidelines.

Chip