[theme-reviewers] Guidance on theme security

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 16:21:55 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 11:37 AM, Andrew Nacin <wp at andrewnacin.com> wrote:

> If this is about deprecated functions, then they should be surrounding
> things in function_exists checks, so proper functions get run when they are
> available. If the upload script catches such functions, then it's still not
> our problem. That's the solution, really... Don't worry about it, and let
> the upload script bark at them.

I would say my only real concern with backward compatibility is the use of
deprecated functions, and as far as that goes, I would agree to let the
theme uploader script take the heat for not allowing a Theme into the review
queue versus it being "not-approved" for using them ... with the proviso the
most current and correct function is used first as suggested with
'function_exists' wrappers.

But does this alleviate the Theme Reviewer from having to check the
deprecated function being called?

Cais.