[theme-reviewers] Guidance on theme security

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Wed Oct 20 14:25:07 UTC 2010

Interestingly, the stats indicate:

3.0: 49.1%
2.9: 27.3%
2.8: 10.6%

So, basically:

3.0: 50%
2.9+: 76%
2.8+: 87%

That probably gives us a pretty good indication of where the overall
userbase is.

While I would *prefer* that we say *no* backward-compatibility, it is
*reasonable
*to allow backward-compatibility for up to one major revision, as it would
cover 3/4 of the overall userbase.

Of course, this is a strange release cycle, since we basically skipped an
entire development cycle. So, maybe we revisit this after 3.1 and then again
after 3.2?

Chip