[theme-reviewers] Themes and Favicons

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Tue Oct 19 20:32:22 UTC 2010

Now we're getting somewhere!

I agree: Favicon support is *optional*. But if it is implemented, it is
*required* to provide a user configuration setting, disabled by default, and
if it is implemented, it is *strongly recommended* to provide the user the
ability to upload a custom favicon.

Sound reasonable?

When we "finalize" our thoughts, I would propose this as a WordPress 3.1
Guideline change (along with making License/LicenseURI header tags
*required*).

Chip