[theme-reviewers] Themes and Favicons

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Tue Oct 19 19:38:31 UTC 2010

Well, if that's the case, then there's less to worry about.

However, I do know that *some* Themes are modifying favicon.ico, because on
a clean WP install, it has been changed. :)

I guess my underlying question is: does a Theme have any business changing
the favicon? It's rather like changing a Site Name, or Description - or even
a user's Gravatar/Avatar. The favicon is unique to the site/owner, not to
the site Theme.

That's really what I was getting at...

Chip