[theme-reviewers] XML2Array

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Mon Oct 18 20:40:56 UTC 2010

For reference, that's an hacked up XML parser, sort of thing. It's
homegrown, comes from some kind of homemade RSS parser. Probably
copied and pasted from who knows where...

Anyway, he's using it to parse the results of a GET on this:
http://www.footerpower.com/footer-admin/admin/xml_file/beach%20vacation.xml

And that builds the spam links in the footer.

Spam aside, I'd say to reject any theme that contained an XML parser
or RSS parser. WordPress has SimplePie built in for that sort of
thing. Also with the old deprecated Snoopy and Magpie stuff (which you
really shouldn't use anymore.. SimplePie is much nicer, really).

-Otto