[theme-reviewers] New Ticket Resolution

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu Oct 14 18:44:23 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 1:35 PM, Chip Bennett <chip at chipbennett.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 1:32 PM, Edward Caissie <edward.caissie at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Also, just as a reminder for those not familiar with Trac, all
>> resolutions, no matter their label, close the ticket.
>
> I'm under the assumption at this point that, unless we hear otherwise from
> Otto or someone, that the original Trainee Workflow idea isn't feasible. So,
> under that assumption, we'd have no need for "suggest-approval" or
> "suggest-not-approved" as ticket resolutions.

The problem with the idea of a suggest-whatever resolution and the
ticket closing has to do with how trac works. When a ticket is closed,
changing it to another resolution means reopening it and then
resolving it with the new resolution. Two steps, basically. This
rapidly becomes annoying.

Now, the TracWorkflow *is* adjustable, but I don't know much about how
to do it at present. Here's a page on the topic:
http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracWorkflow

For those who don't want to read through it all, this graphic
illustrates the default workflow:
http://trac.edgewall.org/chrome/common/guide/basic-workflow.png

The wiki page has several examples of how we can modify it to have
"review" states or similar. We can try to implement some of those if
it would be helpful to the process.