[theme-reviewers] Is WP_DEBUG really important, or is it just to take the load of ? (Satish in reply to Chip & Phil)

Satish Gandham satish.iitg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 06:33:51 UTC 2010

Hello Chip,

"Why do you say that not allowing PHP errors and Deprecated Function Calls
makes no sense?"

1. They are not errors, , not even warnings they are notices.

It doesn't make sense because there are somany notices from plugins and they
are harmless.

There may be such checks in future in plugins to, it has to start some where
and it started with themes, it's fine. Clearing those notices should be a
recommendation rather than a requirement.

PS: Im going to get rid of the notices in my theme, I want my theme to be
the best. I'm only saying that a theme should not be rejected just because
of those harmless notices.

-----------------------
Hello Phil,

Thanks for the offer :), I think I can fix the errors myself.

Can you check the code and UI and tell if anything can be improved further.

Here is the latest version
http://swiftthemes.com/Repository/SWIFT-v5.51.zip
---------

PS: I really like the way questions are answered on this mailing list. I
like the new review team to, earlier team (may be individual) was like
monarchy, the current one is democratic :).

It would be great if the theme review doesn't take 2 weeks.

Regards
Satish Gandham