[theme-reviewers] Featured Themes Proposal

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Sat Oct 9 18:28:56 UTC 2010

Greetings, all!

We would like to start hashing out how we will handle Featured Themes. Below
is our current thinking, which we put forward for feedback.

First, we would like to have more of a set, specific number of Themes that
are "Featured" at any one time.
Second, we would like to ensure that the Featured Themes represent a good
variety of WordPress Themes.
Third, we would like to have more input into the selection of Featured
Themes.

To those ends, we propose that the Featured Themes list be comprised of one
Theme from each of the following Categories:

1) Magazine Theme
2) Portfolio/Gallery Theme
3) Minimalist Theme
4) Theme Framework
5) Special-Purpose Theme - to feature any other uses of WordPress
6) Special-Interest Theme - cause (Breast Cancer, save the whales, etc.) or
seasonal (Christmas, Mother's Day, etc.)
7) Community Pick
8) Theme Reviewers Pick
9) Dev Team/Automattic Pick
10) Random

Do these sound reasonable? Would you add (or remove) any categories of
Themes?

If we're agreed on this concept (one Theme at a time, Featured from each of
the categories), then the next questions are:

1) How long should a selected Theme remain as "Featured"?
2) How long should a formerly selected Theme be required to wait until
eligible to be Featured again?

Any other thoughts, ideas, or input into Featured Themes?

Thanks,