[theme-reviewers] Hello, just signed on to help out

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Fri Oct 8 20:40:21 UTC 2010

Hi Marty!

Thanks for pitching in and helping with Theme reviews!

Before you can assign tickets to yourself, you'll need to be added to the
Reviewers group - but first, you'll need to perform a few reviews, to learn
the process.

In the meantime, you can browse tickets, and can leave comments (which is
actually how we perform the reviews - by leaving comments on the tickets).

To start with, try to perform a review of Ticket
#1193<http://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1193>.
Add a comment to the ticket, indicating that you are using it as a
test-review; that way, none of the Reviewers will assign that ticket. Once
you have completed your review, and added your review notes to the ticket,
email the mail list again, and one of the Reviewers will look over your
review.

To start:

1) Download the .zip file linked from within the Theme. (Hint: add
"?nostats=1" to the end of the .zip file URL.)
2) Run the .zip file through the Theme-Check
tool<http://pross.org.uk/theme-check/>,
and see if the Theme reports any errors.
3) If the tool returns errors, click the "Click Here To Open The Results Pop
Up <http://pross.org.uk/theme-check/#>" link, to copy/paste Trac-formatted
comments
4) Add those comments to your review
5) Continue on with performing a full review based on the Guidelines and the
Theme Unit Tests
6) In your review comments, indicate which comments are required to be fixed
for Theme approval, and which comments are merely recommendations.
7) At the end of your review, indicate whether you suggest the Theme should
be "Approved" or "Not Approved"

Let us know if you have any questions!

Thanks again,

Chip