[theme-reviewers] Questions for Otto/Nacin

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Fri Oct 8 15:38:33 UTC 2010

The entire idea behind the suggestion is to create a proper workflow for
Review Trainees. With as little manual intervention as possible, we need a
way to:

1) Assign a ticket to a Reviewer Trainee (requires a "Reviewer Trainee" user
group, with appropriate permissions)
2) Have Reviewer Trainee review ticket, leave review comments, and
close/resolve the ticket (requires Reviewer Trainee-specific ticket
resolutions)
3) Alert a Reviewer that a Reviewer Trainee has completed a review that
requires an audit (requires custom reports based on Reviewer
Trainee-specific ticket resolutions)
4) Have a Reviewer audit the ticket, and close/resolve appropriately,
confirming (or not) the suggested resolution

Having user-group specific ticket resolutions would create systemic controls
over the process, thus requiring less manual intervention. In any case, we
can surely implement the Reviewer Trainee user group, and
suggest-approval/suggest-not-approval ticket resolutions. We would just have
to rely on *telling* the Reviewer Trainees only to use the "suggest-"
resolutions, and auditing to ensure that they follow those instructions.

This will also help clarify (or redefine) the use of "suggest-approval" and
"needs-additional-review" - one of which can be removed, depending on which
way we choose to go.

Chip