[theme-reviewers] Pagelines Themes: Theme URI

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 19:40:08 UTC 2010

Line 12 in my editor: Author URI: http://www.pagelines.com
Thus the Author URI and the footer credit link (i.e.: the leaf image in the
footer) are the same.

I understand the issues you are having with the theme and the Theme URI, and
I have read your comments regarding the Theme URL and credit link but you
are extending the current Theme Review guidelines well beyond what is
currently written. If we are to adopt the additional criteria you have
written we cannot "not-approve" this theme based on it.

We can go forward with the criteria, we can ask the author to correct this
issue as soon as possible as the current URI link will not be accepted in
the future. It is fundamentally important for us to not appear to make up
the rules as we go which is how this could easily be contrued.

This is an interpretation of the Theme URI usage and one that should be
clarified, I'm fine with wording to the effect of your comment being used to
add/update the Theme Review page, but I am not fine with a not-approve
resolution solely based on it.

... or in other words, as much as I agree with your comment and reasoning we
have nothing that clearly supports it beyond the discussions in this thread.
We have set the Theme Review page(s) in place so all will be able to see and
understand what is required and with that we have also set them as the Theme
Review Team's guideline for review commentary.

A comment to the effect "the Theme URI is not specific enough" would better
suit the current written guidelines, unfortunately we cannot modify our
comments ...

In this case, and as I see it all similar instances should be addressed on a
case-by-case scenario, the Theme URI issue should be addressed but if it is
the only issue (again, in this case) then I would likely advise the author
it needs to be corrected with the next update in the very near future and
approve it. IF there are any other issues, then this Theme URI issue must be
corrected with the next update or it will be resolved to "not-approved".

Cais.