[theme-reviewers] Pagelines Themes: Theme URI

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 18:36:37 UTC 2010

This is the link I see: http://www.pagelines.com/free-themes/WhiteHouse.zip

Which is neither here nor there, the point being is they are still offering
a free version of the theme is all I am writing.

... and I agree with Otto on this, its a very fine line we are walking.

Although similar, the "pro" version does seem to offer several enhancements
with features and functions, but the author is not using the Theme URI as
their credit link which IMO means it should be addressed but not necessarily
in the same manner as credit links.

Let's go to the Theme Review page:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Review#Credit_links which states:

   - Theme URI, if used, is *required* to link to a page specifically
   related to the Theme.
   - Themes are *recommended* to provide at least one of these two links, in
   order to ensure Theme users have a point of contact for the Theme developer.

So unless you want to split hairs over the dis-similarities of the Pro
version versus the Free version what part of the above are they not meeting?

Call me argumentative today, but I am just not seeing what's egregiously
wrong with the link they are using ... it's a little dark on the greyscale,
but if we say no to this author, then lets remember to say no to all the
authors that link to a site selling their "pro", "enhanced", "premiuim",
etc. version of their themes. This, of course, mean recognizing author's who
have themes currently available for use on WPCOM!

Cais.