[theme-reviewers] Credit links

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Wed Nov 10 13:18:37 UTC 2010

Have you read the Theme Review guidelines regarding credit
links<http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Review#Credit_links>
?

As for the reasoning: this is an area that we have all agreed that we must
make the guideline as objective and "bright-line" as possible, so as to
ensure fairness to everyone. The question of degree of "SEO-spamminess" of
any given link is clearly subjective. If we leave too much gray area in this
regard, then we increase the likelihood of getting false-positive (rejecting
a non-spammy link) or false-negative (allowing a spammy link) review
comments. So, to make it easier and as fair as possible on everyone
involved, we have established intentionally strict guidelines for credit
links.

That said: you really should read the link above. It answers your questions
in more ways than you might otherwise expect.

Chip