[theme-reviewers] Post formats

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 19:47:37 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 2:39 PM, Chip Bennett <chip at chipbennett.net> wrote:

> 3) Use of TimThumb prohibited (*required* not to use, even for backward
> compatibility). If we go this route, I will volunteer to put together a
> tutorial for how to migrate TimThumb-generated images using custom fields
> over to the WordPress media manager.

There are uses for TimThumb other than backward compatibility in some
themes. To the best of my knowledge they are not in the repository yet, but
they are being considered. I would temper that point with "not to be used
for direct backward-compatibility of post_thumbnail" or something to that
effect.

TimThumb (current and security-safe) versions may be the most optimal way of
integrating other third party functionality. Something to consider before
making it "prohibited".

I think a tutorial on "how to migrate TimThumb-generated images using custom
fields over to the WordPress media manager." would also be very useful to
have.

I still need to read through more items, but the TimThumb issue strikes me
as a sensitive subject. I want to get it right the first time it goes into
the guidelines rather that having multiple re-writes on it.

Cais.