[theme-reviewers] Tak tak, Wake up please.

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Wed Nov 3 15:24:41 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 7:21 AM, Satish Gandham <satish.iitg at gmail.com>wrote:

> * Can I help?
> *
> Yes, Please review my theme
> http://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1793

The current ticket is #1796. It is #18 in the Priority #2 queue. It will be
assigned and reviewed in its proper turn.

> *
> You're welcome to pitch in and do some Theme Reviews.*
>
> I wish I could, but all my free time is lost in making my theme compliant
> with the ever changing theme development guidelines and standards.
>
> What "ever changing theme development guidelines and standards" -
specifically - have prevented your Theme from being approved, and have
consumed so much of your free time that you are unable to pitch in to help
review other Themes in the review queue (though I notice, apparently haven't
consumed quite enough of your free time to preclude you from continually
complaining on the theme-reviewers mail list)?

Here are all the reviews of your Theme:

The most recent version of the
Theme<http://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1682>to be reviewed had
three issues:

1) PHP errors/notices (a requirement that has not changed)
2) Clearing Floats (a requirement that has not changed)
3) Post With No Title following Post With No Body (an aesthetic requirement,
and somewhat subjective, but one to which you responded, "it's such a rare
use case, I'm not going to change it")

The previous version of the
Theme<http://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1501>to be reviewed was
given only a cursory review, that had the following
issue:

1) Numerous PHP errors/notices (a requirement that has not changed)

The previous version of the
Theme<http://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1256>had the following
two issues:

1) Numerous PHP errors/notices (a requirement that has not changed)
2) Missing post_class() and body_class() (a requirement that has not
changed)

The previous version of the
Theme<http://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/329>had the following
two issues:

1) Numerous PHP errors/notices (a requirement that has not changed)
2) Deprecated WordPress function calls (a requirement that has not changed)

The first version of the Theme
<http://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/174>had the following issue:

1) Numerous PHP errors/notices (a requirement that has not changed)

I don't see how any of these reviews in any way whatsoever represent "ever
changing theme development guidelines and standards."