[theme-reviewers] support question and trac suggestion

Joseph Scott joseph at automattic.com
Mon Jun 28 17:23:54 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 4:32 AM, Chris Olbekson <chris at c3mdigital.com>wrote:

> I wanted to make a suggestion and pose a question to the group.
>
> If I understand it correctly, a theme author must re submit the theme if it
> is rejected for for a bug or coding error and this would then put their
> theme at the bottom of the queue.
>
> Would it be possible to add a needs patch to their ticket and hold the
> ticket open then the author would have a chance to fix the bug and submit a
> patch.  Anyone could test the patch and then it could be committed back to
> the theme and be approved without the author having to back through the
> process.  Would this be a viable option?

Theme authors should be able to upload patches to the tickets already,
although it is a work flow that we haven't really talked about.

> Also another discussion has been going on in the forums mailing list
> regarding theme support.  Maybe we could require the author to commit to
> providing some level of support for their theme in the forums.  Some
> authors actively participate in questions  tagged with their theme and
> others are nowhere to be found.
>
> We could also use this as another guideline for acceptance based on the
> authors previous track record for offering support.  I know they will not be
> able to answer all questions but it would be great if they could at least
> try and help users out on some level.  I am also going to cc this question
> to the wp-forums list.

I think requiring this turns out to be very hard in practice.  I'm for
exploring ways to encourage theme devs to be responsive to forum items about
their theme.

--
Joseph Scott
joseph at josephscott.org