[theme-reviewers] wp-themes: SWIFT - 5.29

Joseph Scott joseph at automattic.com
Tue Jun 22 22:54:05 UTC 2010

Injecting 3rd party code into the wp-admin area isn't a good idea.  By
definition users must be logged in to be there, making it a sensitive spot.

This issue is doubly important for themes, as there's nothing about a theme
that would indicate to a user that this sort of thing is happening.  Plugins
have an advantage in this area because plugins by their very nature have
specific tasks, so activating one implies that the user has an idea of what
it is going to do.  Usually activating a theme means the front end of the
site changes to a new look and feel.

--
Joseph Scott
joseph at josephscott.org