[theme-reviewers] Introductions: Edward Caissie aka Cais

Joseph Scott joseph at automattic.com
Fri Jun 11 17:36:04 UTC 2010

Excellent, thank you for going through that theme.  Couple of follow up points:

- At this point GPLv3 is fine, there's been some discussion back and
forth and for now v3 fine for the theme directory
- Part of this theme has terms that are not compatible with the GPL,
specifically the font they include (see LicenseForSansationFont.txt).
The entire theme needs to be under terms that are GPL or compatible.
Lately fonts have been an issue for themes because many fonts have
terms that are not GPL compatible.
- I'm also not entirely sure about the icons terms of use (follows
links ending up here http://webtreats.mysitemyway.com/terms-of-use/ ),
doesn't sound entirely compatible with the GPL (distribution
limitations)
- The credit link in the footer appears to be SEO'ing for 'Blog
Designer'.  I'd expect credit link text to be relevant and accurate,
in this case I'd think something like 'Diabolique Design' or
'diaboliquedesign.com' would be better.  In general credit link text
would be the name of the theme, or the site/person being linked to.
Sadly WP themes have a history of being abused for ad/promo links as
well as SEO'ing for specific terms.  Those are abuses I don't want to
see in the theme directory.

Rest of the feedback looks great.

I noticed they uploaded a new version -
http://themes.svn.wordpress.org/diabolique-spring/1.0.3 - can you see
what's been updated there, see if it changes any of these items.

I think then we can finalize the feedback and send it off to the theme author.

--
Joseph Scott
joseph at josephscott.org
http://josephscott.org/