[theme-reviewers] Simple-Blue-Dashed 1.0

Gavin Pearce GavinP at tbs.uk.com
Fri Jun 11 17:03:14 UTC 2010

Hi Chip,

That's not a bad idea at all you know ... Maybe we should split each
part of the review of each theme into different groups, and each Theme
review passes from one group to the next.

1st) Theme must pass security team review with no major fails, then
passes onto General;

2nd) Theme must pass functionality team with no major fails, then passes
onto CrossBrowser/HTML/CSS testing;

3rd) Theme must pass browser team browser testing to reasonable levels
(saw Tim Golen mention this a minute ago, personally I think this falls
under "technical" rather than "design" - there are plenty of standards
for this already defined).

4th) If at this point the total number of "advisories/minors" is below
X, the theme gets approved.

If one of the groups finds anything critical along the way the author is
advised once that groups "checking" is complete, and theme doesn't get
passed onto the next group. This saves everyone in every group testing
everything twice, just because of a security fail.

Then, all the volunteers who've offered here recently can decide what
team their skills best fit into, and be put to best use. I know some
people here would prefer to test cross-browser than security, and
vice-versa of course.

Gav
//gavinpearce.com