[theme-reviewers] introductions

chip at chipbennett.net chip at chipbennett.net
Wed Jun 9 21:00:41 UTC 2010

> Moving along.  This is a new email list, with lots of new people
> subscribed.  Please do a quick introduction, who you are are, a little
> bit of background, your WordPress URL, etc.

I'm Chip Bennett. I've been using WordPress since 2005, switching to
self-hosted WordPress from Blogger. I used a heavily customized Blogger
theme, so I started right away learning how to port my theme to WordPress,
and how to use WordPress template tags.

So, I've had my nose in WordPress themes for about five years now.
(Coincidentally, most of the PHP I know, I learned because of WordPress.)
Since then, I have ventured a bit into plugins - though I have much, much
to learn. I may not be able to write terribly complex plugins, but I
figure I should be able to help out reviewing theme code. Maybe it will
give me incentive finally to add a theme or two to the repo!

WordPress is very much a passion and a hobby, though it isn't my day job.
My personal website is www.chipbennett.net, which I use both for
quite-varied blogging and as a WordPress sandbox.

Looking forward to helping out, and to working with y'all!