[theme-reviewers] Themes Must Support the Following functions?

Ian Stewart ian at themeshaper.com
Tue Jul 27 14:06:18 UTC 2010

> <?php $login_url = get_bloginfo( 'url' ) . '/wp-admin/'; ?>
>
> Then a simple 'echo $login_url;' statement afterward.
>
> This, IMHO, in no way lends itself to a form except by default, thus using
> WordPress' core login form functionality.

I think in this case wp_loginout() would work better.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_loginout

In general, themes _should_ rely on WordPress wherever possible—unless
there's a good reason not to. If there's a login form in a theme it
should be using wp_login_form—unless there's a good reason not to. And
so on.

I think adding "where login forms are present" to that point might
clear that up.

--
Ian Stewart

http://ThemeShaper.com/