[theme-reviewers] http://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/253

Themes Town themestown at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 10:50:41 UTC 2010

Hello, I have not received an email yet notifying me that my theme has not
been accepted but I have seen that the ticket is closed and marked "not
accepted" due to *"*Already marked "as old" in repository ..."

It was rather disappointing needless to say. I have been submitting this
theme since March and have been making the required changes each time it has
been rejected. When version 1.2 was rejected I took care of everything on
the list that was required to be fixed and everything that was recommended
to be fixed. I resubmitted version 1.3. Within a day I received an email
notifying me that there was feedback available, an odd occurrence given the
standard time for this appears to be about 3 - 4 weeks.

When I clicked the link in the email it took me to the feedback for version
1.2 which had already been reviewed and rejected. I wrote you about this to
clarify if there was a mix up. Since the link in the email took me to the
feedback for version 1.2 though the subject of your email referenced version
1.3, I assumed it was indeed a mistake on your part. So I waited patiently
for you to get to my ticket #253 which you finally did some time within the
last 24 hours, and the theme seems as if it was not reviewed but rather
immediately rejected on the basis that it was *"*Already marked "as old" in
repository ..."

I am not sure what *"*Already marked "as old" in repository ..." means. Does
it mean I should stop submitting the theme because it is never going to be
accepted due to the status as marked "as old"**. Or was this a mistake on
your part related to the email I received within a day of submitting version
1.3 notifying me it was not accepted but linking me to the feedback page for
version 1.2? And if indeed it was a mistake on your part will you correct it
or do I have to go through the process of resubmitting the theme and waiting
until the new ticket comes up for review? I'll admit the prospect of having
to re-submit and wait another month is dreadful, though I understand it must
be very difficult for you to manage so many themes to review with so few
active reviewers; but if you've made a mistake I would ask you to consider
re-reviewing the theme since it appears to have been closed without being
reviewed based on this *"*Already marked "as old" in repository ..." status,
assuming that status doesn't mean something else altogether.

I look forward to your response.