[theme-reviewers] Draft Theme Development Checklist

Lance Willett nanobar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 22:00:15 UTC 2010

> Here are the pages that now need attention.
> 2. Theme Review - /Theme_Review
>
> TODO
> - [Joseph] Edit http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/upload/ to point to
> /Theme_Review and fix formatting issues there (font too big on last
> two paragraphs)
> - [Joseph] Edit http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/about/ to point to
> /Theme_Review, and don't duplicate the same content that's already on
> /Theme_Review

Hey Joseph,
Just a quick reminder about the pages on WordPress.org that need
updating. Am I correct that you are able to edit those?

Here's a more detailed list of what needs to change:

1. http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/upload/

- There seems to be a font size issue with the last two paragraphs --
they are larger in size (inline style applied with font-size: 120%).
- Here's the updated text:

Information about Theme development is available on the Codex at Theme
Development[1]. For questions about Theme development please use the
Themes and Templates forum[2].

Make sure to review the guidelines at Theme Review[3] before uploading a Theme.

We will be reviewing your Theme using the sample data available in the
WordPress export file available at Theme Unit Test[4]. Before
uploading your Theme file please test it with this sample export data.

[1] http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Development
[2] http://wordpress.org/support/forum/5
[3] http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Review
[4] http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Unit_Test

- I think removing as much of the text from those WP.org pages as
possible and pointing to the Codex will help in future updates.

2. http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/about/

- Rename Checklist section to Guidelines, and point to all three of
the related Codex links: Theme Development, Theme Review, and Theme
Unit Test as starting points.
- Then remove all the text under guidelines and tags and merge that
over to the Theme Review page on the Codex so that volunteers can
update the text without contacting Automattic. (Does that make sense?
Or would you rather have full control of it?)

Thanks,
-Lance