[theme-reviewers] Draft Theme Development Checklist

Lance Willett nanobar at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 16:05:02 UTC 2010

> I like the approach. Whatever the case, we need to consolidate the Theme-
> Development focused pages around the Codex - and this would be a good
> opportunity to do so.

A quick update for you on the Codex reorganization for theme development pages.

The main checklist (/Theme_Development_Checklist) has now been merged
to three other pages:

1. /Theme_Development - General code standards and best practices.
2. /Theme_Review - Guidelines for publicly releasing a theme via the
WP.org directory.
3. /Theme_Unit_Test - Theme testing data and related explanations.

Here are the pages that now need attention. If you feel like tackling
any of the tasks just reply and say which one you'll be working on.

1. /Theme_Development

TODO:
- [Lance] Add in items based on feedback from docs team (I asked them
for feedback yesterday)
- [Anyone] Cleanup and copyediting

2. Theme Review - /Theme_Review

TODO
- [Joseph] Edit http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/upload/ to point to
/Theme_Review and fix formatting issues there (font too big on last
two paragraphs)
- [Joseph] Edit http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/about/ to point to
/Theme_Review, and don't duplicate the same content that's already on
/Theme_Review
- [Anyone] If items there are general for all themes, move to Theme_Development
- [Anyone] Cleanup and copyediting

3. Theme Unit Test - /Theme_Unit_Test

TODO
- [Chip] Create WXR and SQL files
- [Lance] Cleanup and copyediting

4. /Designing_Themes_for_Public_Release

TODO
- [Chip] Merge content into Theme_Review or Theme_Development
- [Chip] Then redirect to Theme_Review

Anything I'm missing?

--
Lance Willett | Automattic Theme Wrangler
lance at automattic.com