[theme-reviewers] Draft Theme Development Checklist

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Sat Jul 10 11:51:19 UTC 2010

Well, first: I left it there, because it is in the current version of the
Theme Development Checklist.

But, I believe the reasoning is that such files are intended for private
themes (or private/individual modification of themes), not publicly
distributed themes - that the author would have no idea what "foobar" any
given user would need/want, so such files would needlessly clutter the theme.

(For example: in the private version of my theme, I have a file called page-
missions.php, with corresponding sidebar-left-missions.php and sidebar-right-
missions.php. The public version of my theme has none of these files, because
they are specific to my use of the theme.)

Joseph et al, any further clarification?

--
Chip Bennett
chip at chipbennett.net
www.chipbennett.net