[theme-reviewers] TDC: Timezone-Offseet Posts

Lance Willett lance at automattic.com
Thu Jul 1 23:03:44 UTC 2010

> Ian or Lance, any comments on this?
>
>> Next question regarding TDC Unit Tests:
>>
>> What is the purpose of the timezone-offset post tests?
>>
>> How is timezone offset for these posts any differently from the rest of
>> the posts? How do we test? Are we supposed to change the global Timezone
>> setting, and verify the timestamps?

I have no idea, to be honest. I generally ignore those time-related posts.

The unit test and checklist was written in 2008 by Noël Jackson, and I think in the time since many of the theme-related issues have been fixed in core WordPress, and can be safely removed from the checklist.

Items in the unit test that reflect core functionality:

- Future Post
- Category Name Clash
- Contributor post, approved
- GMT+10 test post / GMT test post / GMT-6 test post / Article in the distant past
- Draft Post
- Draft post with file attached
- Contributor post, pending approval

My opinion is that if these don't work correctly it'd be a core issue, not a theme issue. They can be removed from the unit test and the checklist.

I'll double check with Noël on this when Chip's changes are ready.

-Lance