[theme-reviewers] Questions about submitting a theme

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Wed Dec 29 18:26:12 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 10:56 AM,  <michael at mfields.org> wrote:
> 1. Image Captions: In the "Gallery Test" post there is a caption on the
> first image which reads "This should be centered and a box behind it."
> Stylistically, I would not want to box my images in. Would the theme be
> denied for not wrapping captioned images in a visible container?

I don't think the box has to be "visible", as such, but there does
need to be some kind of wrapping div surrounding the image and the
picture, for styling margin/padding space between the image/caption
and the body text. Realistically, having the caption not boxed visibly
leads to confusion between body text and the caption, unless it's done
carefully with something to distinguish the caption. The box is the
simplest way to do that, but it's certainly not the only way.