[theme-reviewers] how close is too close?

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 04:59:20 UTC 2010

I use a rule of thumb that says: there must be a significant difference in
design and / or functionality between the submitted theme and the "parent"
it was derived from.

As Justin suggests, if it can be accomplished with CSS alone (and minimal
code) then it is not likely to be "approved" for the repository but of
course this is very subjective. Essentially it boils down to if you have to
ask if it is a child-theme then most likely it is.

Cais.