[theme-reviewers] Theme Check Release

Jon Cave jon at lionsgoroar.co.uk
Tue Dec 28 16:30:35 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 4:21 PM,  <justin at justintadlock.com> wrote:
> I'm getting this with some themes:
>
> # REQUIRED: Version: is missing from your style.css header.
> # REQUIRED: Theme name: is missing from your style.css header.
> # REQUIRED: Theme URI: is missing from your style.css header.
> # REQUIRED: License: is missing from your style.css header.
> # REQUIRED: License URI: is missing from your style.css header.
> # REQUIRED: Description: is missing from your style.css header.
> # REQUIRED: Author: is missing from your style.css header.
>
> See: http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/prototype for an example theme to
> test this with.

It's the doc-block style comment you're using for the header
information. Looks like the theme checker only matches if whitespace
or nothing before each piece of information. It might be worth
accepting an asterisk before the headers as this could be quite
common, however, I'm not sure if there's a specific guideline as to
how these should be formatted. Maybe use the same regular expression
as used by core - ^[ \t\/*#]*... see get_file_data.