[theme-reviewers] timthumb

Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) philip at frumph.net
Sun Dec 19 20:52:30 UTC 2010

You have to use the very latest version of timthumb (to be safe)  to be included with the theme AND it has to be used in a way that the internal core scripts would not manage.

So, if you can use the internal image functions, use them.   If they can't handle what you want to use, timthumb is acceptable but only in that reference.

Here is a recount of some pro's and cons with using internal workings.

http://swiftthemes.com/2010/11/wordpress-themes/free-themes/swift/swift-v5-68-final-version-supporting-timthumb-image-resizing-script/

In my opinion you should try to develope your theme without it and use core code, but if utterly absolutely necessary.

If your use of timthumb can be done by using internal core functions then you will be requested to not have it and use the proper internal coding.

- Phil (I feel like mojo jojo after typing this)

If you use an older version of timthumb it will definately be declined, older versions have a couple of backdoors that are not allowed.