[theme-reviewers] How does the theme review queue work

Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) philip at frumph.net
Fri Dec 17 18:59:08 UTC 2010

Yeah not sure your following, there's a list of all the versions for that theme on the ticket, if that ticket has a note on it to "see ticket #whatever" then we know to close it off with newer version uploaded and move to the latest that was uploaded, which we all pretty much do if there's a note.   It's up to the theme reviewer to move to the latest, not a policy.  Policy is first come first serve.

If there's no note, then when flagged 'newer version uploaded' thats all it is, flagged that; it's still in the system just not on the reports.   The person's theme will just have to wait in line like everyone else has to.

This raises some concern that I feel your making that it should be policy.  It has been discussed several times before and to be fair to everyone who doesn't need to upload a newer version that it stays consistent with this methodology.    The important thing is to keep it fair to everyone, not just the person who uploads a newer version.   So giving the leeway to do it for those who make an effort to point out the newest upload gives us the a-ok to go ahead and move to the latest upload.  Which again, is the fair thing to do.