[theme-reviewers] Theme Review Codex Page: Addressing Recent Feedback

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu Aug 26 20:37:19 UTC 2010

Looking at it now. Random order thoughts follow:

XHTML is dead, we should allow for the fact that many newer themes are
going to be HTML 5. I have personally switched to it exclusively. Note
that the core can produce acceptable HTML 5 just fine. BTW, "profile"
is not supported in the head tag for an HTML 5 document.

Widgets are only necessary if the theme has a sidebar. Not all themes do.

Automatic feed links may be undesirable in some custom purpose themes,
or if the theme incorporates its own special types of feeds (using
add_feed or similar). Possible examples: photoblog, podcasting
specific theme, comic strip oriented theme.

Ditto comments, not all special purpose themes need necesarily support this.

-Otto