[theme-reviewers] Theme Review Feedback at WPTavern Forum

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Wed Aug 25 09:21:21 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 3:56 AM, yulian yordanov <yul.yordanov at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have something to say on the matter but my English is not good enough to
> enter into that sophisticated dispute :) But I read the whole topic and must
> admit that I shared the view of critics until I reviewed some themes by
> myself. I was astounded of so much crappy code, copy-pasta from Kubrick and
> lack of functions.
> Now I think themes should be reviewed - if we are concern about wordpress'
> users; if we'll do this only for the sake of design perfection - no, it's
> not need.
>
> my 2 euro cents :)
>
> Yulian <Fingli>

I don't necessarily want to bring that discussion over here, but maybe
it should be here.

Acting as a wall between theme developers and their users is not good
for either side, and it is definitely not good for the community as a
whole.

We don't need high quality code or high quality themes. We
*desperately* need high quality people who can help out these theme
authors, and point out the problems and explain *why* things should be
done a certain way. But if you keep summarily rejecting themes for
frankly trivial reasons, then you just drive out theme developers and
you never have a chance to help them improve anything.

We're actively driving away people with this process. Seriously, it
*must* change. Approving only 1 in 8 themes is simply a travesty.