[theme-reviewers] HTML5

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Tue Aug 24 18:53:25 UTC 2010

While I'm waiting for SVN update to complete, I thought I'd pose another
question to the group: what are your thoughts on HTML5 Themes?

Is it advisable yet to start porting Themes over to HTML5, or to wait? I
really like the idea of starting to take advantage of some of the semantic
cleanliness and efficiency of HTML5, but so much of the standard WP HTML
output isn't compatible yet. So, is it really worthwhile to start writing
HTML5-based Themes now, or is it best just to start getting familiarized
with how HTML5 can/will/should be used in WP Themes?

(Asking mainly from a Theme-development, not really a Theme-review,
viewpoint.)