[theme-reviewers] Theme Review Codex Page

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Sat Aug 21 01:20:24 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 8:16 PM, Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) <philip at frumph.net
> wrote:

>  Right, I consider things that are 'addons' to the themes functionality as
> being optional, while things that MAKE the theme work as required. ala
> automatic-links being must cause its to make the theme work, while
> custom-background is an addon so should be optional.
>
> - Phil

Just as an observation regarding custom backgrounds: I have yet to review a
Theme that *couldn't* incorporate custom background support.

Custom headers are certainly another matter (I'm not such a big fan of big
header images, anyway).

But, I think Post Thumbnail support *should* be required, in any case. That
was one of the most major features of that release (very much like Nav Menus
in 3.0).