[theme-reviewers] A suggestion for the theme upload page

Bruce Wampler brucewampler at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 16:32:08 UTC 2010

  I have a suggestion for the theme upload page.

I a lot of the discussion has been about improving the checking scripts to
find more issues earlier, which is a good idea.

But what about adding a box to the theme upload page that theme
authors have to check along the lines of:

[ ] I certify I've read all the theme development rules, I've run the theme
with WP_DEBUG (or even debogger?), and that to the best of my ability,
it conforms to all the published requirements for the latest version of
Wordpress 3.
------

Might that not get some of the theme authors to at least give a thought
to all the guidelines?

--
Bruce Wampler, Ph.D.

Software developer
Creator of first spelling checker for a PC
Creator of Grammatik(tm), first true grammar checker
e-mail: bw at brucewampler.com
blog: brucewampler.wordpress.com