[theme-reviewers] Clarification: Nav Menus

Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) philip at frumph.net
Wed Aug 18 13:32:42 UTC 2010

Correct
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Chip Bennett
  To: Philip M. Hofer (Frumph)
  Cc: theme-reviewers at lists.wordpress.org
  Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2010 6:29 AM
  Subject: Re: [theme-reviewers] Clarification: Nav Menus

  But if no such "menu bar" exists, then the Theme isn't required to use/support wp_nav_menu(), right?

  Chip

  On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 8:23 AM, Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) <philip at frumph.net> wrote:

    If they have a menubar looking place at the top half of the site:
    Custom Menu - wp_nav_menu() ( replacing wp_list_pages, wp_list_categories, wp_page_menu, etc. as a menubar system where applicable )

    They must use wp_nav_menu()

    If wp_nav_menu() is being used, then the register_nav_menus() OR add_theme_support('menus');  needs to be there

    Basically if they have an existing menubar on their site, wp_nav_menu needs to be used.

    - Phil