[theme-reviewers] The Next Step?

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 22:14:36 UTC 2010

The idea of cleaning up the older themes in the repository is a good one and
needs to be addressed.

I think a review cycle cut-off would be fine, and I would be happy with two
for the time being ... and perhaps one down the road.

I think a general mailing to all authors of all themes should go out ...
give fair warning what the plan is. Then let the reviewers have at 'em.

Following along the process outlined by Chip, every theme should be given a
fair chance to continue being available from the repository with a simple
review, being old does not necessarily mean outdated (although likely). It
would be theme age discrimation to simply suspend them for not being
recently updated. I would suggest a very high level tertiary look, one
deprecated function found and the theme can be suspended ... continuing up
to the release cycle cut-off suggested.

@esmi - regarding the theme you want to "retire" send a note to the mailing
list with the theme name (and version) and one of the admins can suspend it.
The theme will be removed from the public facing repository pages but still
available for update if you change your mind.

Cais