[theme-reviewers] [WordPress Themes] Suffusion, new version 3.6.2

Sayontan Sinha sayontan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 06:41:18 UTC 2010

Hello,
As per the suggestions I have resubmitted a new version of the theme:
http://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/656. I have addressed most points in
the email thread, but please note the following:

   1. It is not possible to use wp_enqueue_style in this theme, because
   there is a set of styles generated from options that are included in the
   <head> element. The script to generate those styles (custom-styles.php)
   cannot be enqueued - if you try to enqueue a file it loses the WP context
   and cannot access theme options and other WP variables. Also, it is not
   possible to enqueue other CSS files and leave this without enqueuing because
   the CSS sheets must load in a certain sequence that gets violated if some
   styles are enqueued and some are not.
   *Also note that it is not required to enqueue a style as per the Theme
   Development Checklist or as per the Theme Review guidelines (only JavaScript
   enqueuing is required)*, hence this shouldn't be grounds for rejection of
   the theme.
   2. I was asked to register the menu locations. *Again, this is not a part
   of the Theme Development Checklist or the Theme Review guidelines*.
   Moreover I had already provided a fully functional way to include the WP 3.0
   menus at predetermined locations. This approach essentially worked the same
   way as location registering, except that it let you assign *more than 1
   menu* to a location. It was hence more flexible and the registration was
   not required from a functionality point of view (it was required for
   consistency across themes, but not for functionality). However, to avoid the
   incessant back-and-forth on this topic I went ahead and registered the menu
   locations.
   3. I could not replicate the notice on the search page. I did make some
   tweaks that might remove it, though.

There is a bug in the TDC - the theme uploader doesn't accept a theme if the
screen shot is a JPG; the TDC says that JPG and PNG are both accepted.

Sayontan.

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 11:19 AM, Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) <philip at frumph.net