[wp-hackers] Error messages.

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 17:51:50 GMT 2005

Most of the errors and warnings that WordPress would spit out are more
PHP/mySQL errors than anything, and in order to diagnose and output
friendlier errors it would involve excessive amounts of checks against
many things. I think the real solution is exactly what is going on
right now, and that's having a community of people testing WordPress,
trying to break it, and reporting on the errors they find so that they
can be prevented.

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 10:47:36 -0700, Craig Hartel <craig at nuclearmoose.com> wrote:
> Some common error messages are showing up quite regularly these days on the
> support forums.
> "Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()" comes to mind as I'm sure
> many of you are aware of others.
>
> What I am wondering is IF these kinds of errors can be trapped and a more
> user-friendly error message be subsituted in its place? Could error handling
> actually be done as a plugin? These SQL error messages are quite cryptic and
> intimidating to most casual users, and any way that they can be improved upon
> would be most helpful.
>
> Hmmm...maybe my first question should have been whether or not user-friendly
> errors were already being worked on, but, I digress.
>
> Thanks for your feedback and comments, as always.
>
> Craig.

--Robert Deaton
http://anothersadsong.com