[wp-hackers] more nofollow

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Mon Jan 24 15:22:48 GMT 2005

Christoph Rummel said:
> Although I'm very much on the no-nofollow side I can
> see good things about nofollow.

I agree.  My desire for a nofollow plugin, as opposed to a
no-nofollow plugin, is not meant as a negative statement toward
rel="nofollow" in and of itself.

> I see no problem with removing rel="nofollow", but I
> think it is a good thing it is switched on by default
> and not to be switched off by Joe User - you really
> should know what you are doing.

I agree that an enabled-by-default nofollow solution is a good thing
for most people.  But I also think that this is a great opportunity
for WordPress to provide a solution that makes life easy for
everyone.  Either provide an administrative option to enable or
disable nofollow site-wide, or provide a plugin that enables
nofollow site-wide and configure that plugin to be enabled by
default.

People who want to can de-activate the plugin, which is far more
intuitive than installing a plugin to turn off a hard-coded
WordPress default.

--
skippy at skippy.net | http://skippy.net/