[wp-hackers] A rise in comment spam falling through to moderation

Elliott Bäck ecb29 at cornell.edu
Sat Jan 22 04:11:40 GMT 2005

Hi Dave,

I've been using WP-Hashcash for the last couple months, and I've gotten
0 spam so far.  While it's a stopgap measure that spammers "could"
theoretically overcome, it has a number of features (much like
polymorphic viruses) that make it hard to identify and combat.  If
you're having spam trouble, you should give it a try:

http://elliottback.com/wp/archives/2004/11/29/spam-stopgap-extreme/

Thanks,
Elliott C. Bäck

607-229-0623