[wp-hackers] Support for "nofollow"

Craig Hartel craig at nuclearmoose.com
Wed Jan 19 04:38:45 GMT 2005

There is already a plugin posted on wordpress.org to add the 'rel=nofollow' to
URLs. However, in looking at it, I think it also punishes legitimate commenters.
I don't want every URL that is posted on my site by a commenter to have the
'nofollow' attribute. I want to promote my visitors who post links back to their
own sites and to other sites of interest.

So, as you develop plugins for this, keep in mind that we don't want to punish
our legitimate visitors. Not only that, but it's not of a lot of value anyway if
you employ one or more quality spam tools. I don't really need to worry about
using this new tool because no spam is getting through anyway.

Comments and ideas are most welcome.
Craig.
Nuclear Moose.