[wp-hackers] Blogmine RSS/Blog Text Ads -- WordPress Plugin

info at blogmine.com info at blogmine.com
Mon Jan 17 18:38:18 GMT 2005

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for this feedback-- it's extremely helpful! With all the crap
that's out there, I understand your concerns.

Here are some screenshots to show you what it looks like:
http://www.blogmine.com/screenshots/blog_ads.gif
http://www.blogmine.com/screenshots/rss_ads.gif

I've made a note to make sure that the website is updated to address your
concerns, particularly, what it does and clearly state what the value is
for the blogger! I'm really glad you made that point.

In a nutshell, the plugin places contextual text ads into your blog and/or
RSS feed. You're paid when visitors click on the text ads. The revenue
BlogMine generates from the click is split between you (75%) and BlogMine
(25%).

> Heck, there are broken pages on their site.
Yikes! I combed through Apache's log file and found the 404 you were
referring to. Thanks for pointing that out.

> I'd rather not use a program/plugin when it looks like a veiled scam
> to get my email address, credit card number or any other piece of
> valuable information.

BlogMine wholly protects and honors the privacy of our members. The
privacy policy clearly states that information you provide like email
address, etc. is not shared with any other businesses under any
circumstances.

I thank you for your thoughtful feedback. If you have any other questions
or comments, please let me know.

Bob Marconi
BlogMine.com