[wp-hackers] Change in plugin Options page handling

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Fri Feb 25 07:41:17 GMT 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-25 at 01:44 -0500, Carthik Sharma wrote:
>So Ryan, Is this ready to go into the Codex yet? I am referring to
>Matt's comment that we should not enable additions to the top level
>menu. Is this behaviour going to stick around now in the core, or not?
>
>I haven't been following this too closely, but in case it's ready to
>be documented, I will give it a whirl and write it up.

Well, we already allow addition of top level menus in 1.5, and a couple
plugins already use this capability.  With this patch, top level menus
support the callback style API, giving them parity with the submenu API.
Now we're consistent.  I say document it with an admonishment, "What
makes your plugin so important that it needs a top level menu, huh?  Is
a submenu not good enough fer ya?  Do you get feelings of inadequacy
unless you're on top?"  :-)

Ryan