[wp-hackers] RFC: Convert Post to Page

Steve Ivy steveivy at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 21:25:12 GMT 2005

Cool. It looks like you could just add a "Page" option to the advanced
options "Post Status" (with, as you pointed out, a value of "static"),
then check for it when saving and rebuild the rewrite rules.

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 16:11:24 -0500, Mark Jaquith
<mark.wordpress at txfx.net> wrote:

> At first glance, it looks as simple as changing post_status from
> "publish" to "static" in the database, and possibly changing post_parent
> to "0"
>
> Don't forget to trigger a rebuild of the rewrite rules.
>
> Sounds like a job for a plugin.

I call upon the unholy powers of the LazyWeb! :-)

--
Steve Ivy
http://redmonk.net